Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Before Photos

A Hunger For Happiness | Before Photos


This is me. Words cannot express how hard it is for me to take/look at these photos, never mind post them on the internet. As someone who dodges photos with agility never before seen from a woman of my size, it isn't all that difficult to deny how big I've really become. Sure, I look in the mirror every day, but I don't tend to ACTUALLY look at myself without glossing over the bad bits. I certainly don't take the whole thing in. These photos, however, reveal everything.

While having these photos is important to track progress and remind myself how far I've come later down the track, they also serve the more acute purpose of really showing myself to myself. In my first post, I mentioned that I hoped this blog would help me on my way, by making me more accountable. Well, these photos are a first step toward gaining full accountability for myself. There is no hiding anymore.

The thing that makes it a teensy bit easier to look at these photos is knowing that I have the ability to change what I see. I have already proven a lot to myself by losing 9kgs (roughly 20 pounds) in the last two months. It's not going to be easy, but the thought of a happier and healthier life is beyond exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Rylie, to the weight loss/maintenance blogging world. Keep up the good work you've started and keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete